Saving Lives One App at a Time
Humetrix Showcases Award Winning Medical Apps at International CES 2014
Del Mar, Calif., January 3, 2014 - Although health and fitness apps have been featured at CES for some time, this year, Humetrix will showcase two medical apps designed to save lives and improve health outcomes: ICEBlueButton lets consumers create an In Case of Emergency profile on their device that can be easily scanned by medical professionals in an emergency, and iBlueButton lets anyone carry their medical records on their smartphone and share them with medical professionals at the point of care. See them at 2014 International CES booth #26327, South Hall, Las Vegas Convention Center.
More than 200,000 preventable deaths occur in U.S. hospitals each year, many of them the result of incomplete medical information. Humetrix is dedicated to arming patients with their full medical history wherever they go, so they can share important information with doctors at the point of care. The company develops mobile apps that leverage the federal Blue Button+ standards for electronic access to medical records.
ICEBlueButton lets consumers enter their emergency medical data and contact information and create an “ICE” record. The app generates a QR code unique to the individual and a 4-digit number to unlock access to the individual ICE record. When the user’s QR code is scanned, ICEBlueButton’s Auto-Alert function automatically generates email notifications to the user’s emergency contacts that includes a map with the location of the emergency. ICEBlueButton is free to download from iTunes and Google Play. One month of email Auto-Alerts is $2.99; one year is $19.99.
Humetrix will also showcase new enhancements to its award-winning iBlueButton app, which allows anyone to carry their complete medical record on their smartphone and share it with their doctors at the point of care. The newest version of the app supports family caregivers by making it easy to manage multiple health records. New features include:
- Conveniently manage multiple health records for themselves and family members;
- Access medical records from more than one device;
- View and annotate a summary medical record with allergies, medications, etc. that is automatically created and aggregates all data across your different medical records;
- Easily annotate your summary record or your family member record with self-entered OTC or other medications, or additional medical conditions with easy select lists;
- Receive updated records from your doctor or hospital on your mobile devices for you and your loved ones (Blue Button+ and Direct Address enabled).
- iBlueButton is available for download from iTunes and Google Play; the first download or receipt of any Blue Button health record is free. iBlueButton version 5.0 will be available in January.
About Blue Button
Blue Button is the name – and symbol –- for a national movement to significantly improve our healthcare system, by putting patients in control of their medical records. Wherever you see the Blue Button symbol online, you can download or automatically receive updates in your health records on your computer or mobile app – so when you are meeting with any doctor, you have your own medical history, prescriptions, lab results, etc. at your fingertips.
More and more doctors, hospitals and healthcare systems are coming online with Blue Button every day – the federal government has required physicians and hospitals to provide Blue Button records to their patients starting in January 2014. So far, Blue Button has been adopted by over 500 public and private healthcare organizations to give Americans easy access to their online health records.
Connect with Humetrix:
Twitter: @Humetrix, #Humetrix, #iBlueButton, #ICEBlueButton